Olivia Chu

I couldn't resist putting two posts at once. When I read "Sky Doll" for the first time I was instantly reminded of the story I just posted and was like whaaaa?! This got published?! So maybe I got a shot if I send it to the French hmmmm? Haha.
I absolutely love Sky Doll. And I don't actually like this type of comics either. I'm more the manga fan of course, cannot live without my daily dose of Saiyuki, only the single greatest manga to have existed (I'm fond of anything with the monkey king)-except the anime. NOOOO, terrible! Music good though.

Anyways, for those who most likely haven't read Sky Doll it's by Alessandro Barbucci (I loooove the name Alessandro btw. A.) It's Italian and I love Italian and B) It reminds me of Lars Alexandersson BEST CHARACTER CREATED for Tekken 6. Swedish THUG!) and Barbara Canepa.

Offically it's like 3 comics long and no more, which is maddening! I really don't to give too much info away about this comic-you must read it but I can say is: Cute yet sassy Sky Doll= adult toy?! Televised religion?! It's a sci fi comic more than anything?!

What makes me love this comic aside from drawing style and the coloring (I must learn to color like that too it's so cool) is that Noa, like one of the main characters and of course a sky doll is so awesome personality wise. It's hard for me to find stories where there's such a cool female protagonist because usually I run into the ones where they're too meek and don't DO anything (Omg just like how my ex-boyfriend wanted me to be. Pfft should've punched him the face for saying that but violence never solves anything longterm). OR they're too, I dunno, 'want to be like one of the guys' so it kinda like well now she's not really female because now they're trying too hard. You see, I think that females who retain a sense of who they are and are still tough at the same time are stronger to me then the ones who need to act 'hard' all the time.

There's no shame in saying that personal hygiene and good grooming habits are a must yet ready to drop a fool if they cross the line. And not by deceit either! If you don't backstab well awesomeness! Plus okay with Noa she's not a smoker or drinker either-I'm like whooo! Maybe cuz she's a doll but I have a feeling even if she weren't she'd be the same way. And it's not like shes got some kinda of moral against it; it's just like eh whats the point?

If you're wondering, nah I'm not a smoker nor drinker. I don't like cigs because A) All right check all the beauty altering stuff it can effect like from yellow nails down to hairy tongue BLECH. B) expensive habit C) An addiction
I only got a couple addictions and even then I'm trying to make them go away because addiction makes you a slave rather than becoming truly independent!

I don't drink because same thing; addiction and most importantly it all tastes really nasty to me, and I've had a couple of different kinds. I even had a mexican mudslide which is coffee plus rum and NO THANKS.

Off topic once again.
Just read Sky Doll; it's a gooooood comic.
0 Responses

Post a Comment